The Endocannabinoid System (ECS):
Discovered in 1992, our ECS is a vast regulatory system found in every organ within our body. Its main function is to maintain our internal balance (homeostasis) that is essential for health and well-being. Its signaling network is comprised of neurotransmitters, cannabinoid receptors and enzymes that influence cell activity. When the ECS is out of balance, it is thought to affect various processes related to mood, stress, sleep, metabolism, immune function, and reproductive function.
Cannabinoids, Endocannabinoids and Phytocannabinoids:
Cannabinoids are molecules produced natively within us (endocannabinoids) and in hemp and marijuana plants (phytocannabinoids). These molecules act similarly to stimulate Endocannabinoid receptors and support balance and function within our bodies. With over 100 cannabinoids found within hemp and marijuana plants so far, research theories suggest that Americans may have a nutritional deficiency from endocannabinoid depletion after hemp was prohibited in the 1930s.
Did you know? In the 1600s through the 1800s, hemp was used as money in America and you could pay your taxes with it.
The hemp plant is a breakthrough in wellness, abundant with up to 40% of cannabidiol (CBD). As opposed to marijuana, U.S. grown industrial hemp plants contains less than 0.3% THC, the chemical that causes the high that cannabis is known for. CBD is non-intoxicating and non-addictive and is widely researched and anecdotally backed for its staggering therapeutic effects. Discoveries show various biological responses that can positively impact mood, health and well-being.
MOST products are triple lab tested, contain 0.00% THC and are rich with whole-plant CBD extract - Buy Now
Full Spectrum, Broad Spectrum and The Entourage Effect:
A whole is greater than the simple sum of its parts.
From human relationships to nature's interconnected ecosystems, we understand that synergies exist for increased efficacy and survival. A CBD product that is full-spectrum or broad-spectrum means that complementary compounds (other cannabinoids, terpenes, phenols) within the hemp plant synergistically enhance all the benefits of each other---this is known as The Entourage Effect. Broad-spectrum differs from full-spectrum only in that it removes any trace amounts of THC, making our TODAY and TONIGHT tinctures optimally effective with 0.00% THC. View Our Products.
Not all CBD tinctures are formulated the same.
Why we avoid isolate CBD:
Studies surrounding the Entourage Effect revealed that CBD in isolation results in a bell curve response where a peak is reached and higher or lower dosages then become therapeutically ineffective. When complementary compounds were added back, they acted together as backup support and the benefits returned. This means that when CBD is isolated it is only effective in a very narrow dosage window and has limited usefulness. This is why we avoid isolate CBD.
Ancillary Cannabinoids, Terpenes and Phenols:
In addition to its most abundant cannabinoid, CBD, hemp contains many other cannabinoids, terpenes and fatty acids associated with achieving the Entourage Effect. These include:
- Cannabigerol (CBG) - A cannabinoid being studied for antibacterial activity and cell growth
- Cannabinol (CBN) - A cannabinoid being studied for helping with restfulness
- Cannabichromene (CBC) - A cannabinoid associated with antibacterial activity showing potential use for skin care
- Essential Fatty Acids - This includes your favorite nutritious rich omegas like 3 and 6
- Terpenes - Aromatic oils found in plants and fruits contributing to the health benefits each provides. We strategically select some of the best terpenes in the world and add them to our TODAY and TONIGHT tinctures for optimal functionality.
- Phenols - Recognized as antioxidants that give plants nutritional value, phenols are identified in cannabis as cannaflavins and other active flavonoids associated with various health benefits. Phenolic compounds in cannabis are highly understudied but show exciting potential so far.